It’s the New Year! While resolutions are still on our minds, many of the sports fans in the Data Axle USA office have already shifted their focus back to football. In fact, we’ve created a list of things our marketing friends can learn (and implement!) from the upcoming big game. These tips aren’t just for big businesses. That’s because you won’t need a big game-sized budget to create game changing plays in your marketing.
- Be memorable. It’s not just commercials that have to grab attention in a short span of time. Your marketing needs to do the same thing. Make sure your message is not only clear and conscience, but that it sticks with your customers long after they’ve read it.
- Get social. Whether the power outage of the 2013 game is something you remember or not, no one can deny the incredible power of social media during the blackout. Maximize your message on platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter before, during, and after the game.
- Refresh. It’s hard to concentrate on the big game when you’re thinking about the commercials that are coming at the break. That’s because whether good or bad, most commercials that air during the big game have never been seen before. If you’re sending out the same marketing again and again, consider freshening up your look to generate a different response.
- Be true to your brand. The best commercials during the big game, no matter how heartfelt or outrageous, always return to their roots at the end of their ad. It’s a lesson all marketers can take to heart. Create a brand that customers love—and expand on it.
- Have fun. Marketing is all about getting creative, testing a few plays, and going with what feels right. While it’s important to have some strategic marketing plans in place, don’t forget to enjoy what you’re creating.